Quilters meet on Mondays at 1:00 PM in the Lower East Room.
Did you know that all year long there are many ladies busy at work making quilts, baby kits, school kits and health kits to send out each October for Lutheran World Relief.
School sales are upon us! Please remember to pick up a few extra items for the School Kits.
Include the following items in each School Kit:
· Four 70-sheet notebooks of wide- or college-ruled paper approximately 8” X 10½”; no loose-leaf
· One 30-centimeter ruler, or a ruler with centimeters on one side and inches on the other
· One pencil sharpener
· One blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
· Five ballpoint pens (no gel ink); secure together with a rubber band
· One box of 16 or 24 crayons
· One 2½” eraser
· One sturdy drawstring backpack-style cloth bag approximately 14” X 17” with shoulder straps (no standard backpacks)
· NO PENCILS PLEASE—WE HAVE PLENTY AT THIS TIME
A list of items needed is also at the Concierge Desk along with Personal Care Kits and Baby Care Kits.
The drop off table is on the East wall of the Gathering Place.
The ladies of the FLCW have been making “Little Dresses for Africa.” Now, you can do it also. The ladies will provide you with everything you will need all in one bag – the pillowcase, the pattern, the thread, etc. The bags/kits are available at the Concierge Desk. Take one home today and create a dress for a child in Africa! The dresses are distributed through orphanages, churches, and schools. Return completed dresses to the Concierge Desk. Thank you to all who have sewn dresses!
Thank you to all the ladies who work so hard during the year, to those of you who donate items and to the men who haul all the items. This truly is "Gods Work. Our Hands."